The Church of the Nazarene has always had compassion for those who are marginalized and dis-enfranchised, it is part of our history and our beginnings. We have always stepped out of the church to bring the Good News to those in various settings. To this end, the Church of the Nazarene supports those who work within the military, assisted living settings, places that house the developmentally delayed, hospitals, prisons and community setting where chaplains make the connection for the purpose of developing the spiritual needs of others. We believe that all people are made in the image of God and our Chaplains seek to discover and affirm that good in others leading them to an understanding of the truth of Jesus Christ. We may work within a multi-cultural and multi-faith setting ensuring the needs of all faiths are cared for, but do so with a clear understanding and articulation of our own faith in Jesus Christ as the one and only way to the Father and the only road to forgiveness and eternal life. As Chaplains we seek to live the ministry of reconciliation as outlined in II Corinthians 5 knowing that everyone can become a new creation in Christ.
Nazarene Missions International (NMI) seeks to mobilize the church in mission through praying, discipling, giving, and educating.
Canada Central District NMI website
- To encourage people to pray for all efforts of world evangelization
- To inform people of the world's needs and what the church is doing to meet those needs
- To challenge children and youth to learn about and participate in the mission of the church
- To raise funds for mission outreach
Nazarene Youth International (NYI) is the youth ministry of the Church of the Nazarene. We exist because the Church of the Nazarene believes that young people are an integral part of the Church. Because of that belief NYI is committed to leading young people into a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ and to facilitate their growth as disciples for Christian service. Together we work to accomplish a threefold strategy of:
Canada Central District NYI website
- Evangelism, reaching young people for Christ;
- Discipleship, equipping young people to be Christlike followers;
- Leadership Development, empowering young people to serve others.
The mission of Riverview Christian Camp is to reach as many people as possible with the life transforming gospel of Jesus Christ and to build up the body of Christ through our camping programs. The district camping ministry aims to provide an excellent setting and unique opportunity for people to grow intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually, and to integrate their faith with their lifestyle.
Riverview Christian Camp website.
Our SDMI Purpose is fourfold:
Canada Central District SDMI website
- To intentionally develop relationships with unreached people until they are Christlike disciples and making Christlike disciples.
- To teach the Word of God until children, youth, and adults are saved, sanctified wholly, and maturing in the Christian experience.
- To help Christians grow spiritually, involving them in evangelism, Christian education, and disciple making.
- To encourage children, youth, and adults to enroll in Sunday School, small groups and/or discipling ministries, and faithfully participate.
Nazarene Kids' mission is to carry out the Great Commission to children and their families, and to train, encourage and equip Christian leaders who minister to children in our district.
Canada Central Nazarene Kids website.
The Sharing Place is a compassionate ministry of the Church of the Nazarene in the Junction neighbourhood of Toronto. We are open year-round on Thursday mornings and evenings, providing hot meals, groceries, clothing, counseling, friendship, and hope. We are an independent food and clothing bank that receives no government funding. Our support comes from individuals, businesses, and churches. We welcome your participation in this grace-driven ministry to the least, the lost, and the left-out.
The Sharing Place website
The Church of the Nazarene Canada website
Ambrose University website.
The Church of the Nazarene USA/Canada Region website
The Church of the Nazarene website
Nazarene World Missions website
Nazarene Publishing House website
Nazarene Youth International (NYI) website
Nazarene Theological Seminary website